Sunday, June 23, 2013

Ninjago Cake

I spent about a week trying to figure out the exact cake I was making for my nephew E because he kept changing the idea of what he wanted. I knew he wanted a Lego theme, but that turned into Ninjago-Lego-Crazy-Intense theme lol. Thankfully we found an idea online that he liked and I was able to work with. I made him a double layered round funfetti cake with some orange flavoring in it. I then dyed some buttercream to green so cover the cake so that it would look like the bottom board that you can put Legos on. Next I spent some time forming two Ninjago characters, and a few colored Lego blocks to put on top of the cake. Before placing all of the Legos, I cut out small circles to look like the top of the board and covered the cake in them. I then added the small Lego blocks, and positioned the Ninjago characters against the blocks. I finished the cake off by writing Happy Birthday to him and brought it right over for our family party. After playing a round of "Pin the Lego Head on the character," everyone dove into a piece of cake :) What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment