Sunday, June 23, 2013

Red Velvet Birthday Cake

Back in March I got a phone call from my sister-in-law letting me know that her coworker needed a Red Velvet cake to celebrate a birthday. For this cake I started with a new Red Velvet cake recipe which smelled and looked great, but turns out this recipe needs to be put in three round layer pans even though it called for two. The first attempt at the cake it ended up bubbling over, so I tried again with three pans instead of two and it came out perfectly! To make sure I had the right amount of red, I used almost a full bottle of a no taste red dye. I then covered the cake and layers in between with some delicious cream cheese icing. After I iced the cake I sprinkled it with some red large sugar sprinkles and made a fondant rose for the middle. I did this because the woman ordering didn't specify any decorations, and I wanted to make it stand out a little bit. Let me know what you think :)


No comments:

Post a Comment