Thursday, February 28, 2013

Marshmallow Cupcakes

One of my coworkers asked me to make some cupcakes for her daughters birthday. This fun party was going to be a sleepover and they needed really cool cupcakes for it. I thought it would be nice to make cupcakes for each of the girls and top them off with icing and colorful flowers made of marshmallows.

I made the cupcakes with vanilla cake and orange juice. After they baked and cooled I topped them off with a lot of homemade buttercream. Next I cut up large and small marshmallows before dipping the sticky part in colored sprinkles. I placed all of the large marshmallows first. Next I used a little more icing to build up the middle before adding the small cut up marshmallows.

In the end these cupcakes turned out to be very cute. I think they were perfect for a young girls sleep over birthday party. :) Enjoy and let me know what you think!





No comments:

Post a Comment