Thursday, February 28, 2013

Buzz Lightyear Cake

The idea behind this cake is the most adorable thing to me. If you checked out my previous post, you have seen the marshmallow cupcakes I made for a little girls birthday, but there is more to that story! That little girl was born on her grandfathers birthday and every year they joke about who gets to pick their birthday cake for the year.Since her poppop usually gives in and lets her have the cake he joked this year about wanting a Buzz Lightyear cake. When my coworker asked me to make the cucpakes she also asked me to make a Buzz Lightyear cake for her daughter to give to her poppop. I was really excited to do this for her because it was so cute.

I made the cake out of a vanilla mix with tropical juice. I topped the cake with colored homemade buttercream. I made the wings for Buzz out of fondant pieces and placed it in the middle of the cake. I cut up marshmallows and placed them around the cake to look like fluffy clouds. I wrote "To Infinity And Beyond, Happy Birthday Poppop!" It turns out that her grandfather was so happy about the cake and loved it. Let me know what you think :)





No comments:

Post a Comment