Saturday, March 17, 2012

Little C's 1st Birthday

It was my nephew's 1st birthday and my sister always had a party with family and friends. She already bought some animal printed plates with circles and blue and yellow all over them. She asked me to make a cake but did not know exactly what she wanted, but she wanted something that he would enjoy. I took the plate and thought about my options. C was only turning 1 so he would not fully be able to grasp the images of a lion or anything on a cake, so I decided to take the colors from the plate and make circles and stars with them. I made a round cake with blue and white insides to get a sort of zebra striped effect. Next I covered the cake in buttercream and white fondant. I cut out my shapes and placed them all over the cake, with the help of my artistic-perfectionist brother who was lurking over my shoulder the whole time to make sure that I did not place the shapes in the wrong place. The cake turned out really cute and C enjoyed digging into the blue and white inside!


This is the cake without any candles on top.

With all of the fun candles. It was his first birthday, I had to get him special candles!

This may have been my favorite part, the zebra inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment