Saturday, March 17, 2012

Someone's Turning 90!

One of my father's cousins needed 90 cupcakes for his mother-in-law's 90th birthday. I must admit I was truly flattered to be asked to make so many cupcakes for such a special event. They were not looking for anything too fancy, but wanted to make sure that I was using my homemade buttercream icing! I previously made Snickerdoodle cupcakes for this customer with the buttercream icing and that is why he thought of me to make the cupcakes :) I saw a great idea from a friend about a year ago where she made little flowers out of marshmallows. I thought this was a nice idea to keep things simple and pretty for the cupcakes. They turned out really nice. It took about 4 boxes to bring them all in, and I used two stands to hold only some of them. The picture below shows the ones that we put out on the dessert table. The rest of the cupcakes were still in boxes and were used to fill in gaps on the cake stands when people ate some.



I received a text the next day with "rave reviews." Their whole family really enjoyed them. I was so happy to be a part of such a special day, and it helped that they really enjoyed the treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment