Saturday, March 17, 2012

Valentine's Day Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

Every month at work we have a little social breakfast. The month I signed up for was February. Obviously our group decided to do a Valentine's Day theme. We had bagels, fruit, and some cereal but we wanted some kind of treat as well. We decided that making ice cream cone cupcakes was the best idea ever, and it was. I went home and baked two batches of cupcakes (one vanilla and one chocolate). Baking them in ice cream cones was much easier than I thought it would be, and each cone held less cake batter than a regular cupcake cup would be which makes this a really great treat for kids. I made the cupcakes and let them cool, deciding to decorate them at work because I was nervous about traveling with fully decorated cupcakes that were standing up in a box. It was a good idea in the end. I will admit I did not use homemade icing for these cupcakes, but I mixed up some of the icing and cake flavors. There were some vanilla cupcakes with vanilla icing, some with chocolate, and some chocolate cupcakes with vanilla icing, and some with chocolate. My coworker helped me put sprinkles and little candy hearts on them before we put them on display. They were a hit!


No comments:

Post a Comment