Saturday, March 17, 2012

Tiger Anniversary Cake

I was really excited when a High School friend asked me to make an Anniversary Cake for one of her family members. She saw some of the cakes I had made and put on facebook and asked me to make something special for someone in her family. She came up with the idea of mixing a tiger and having "Happy Anniversary" written on the cake, and I took the reigns from there. I decided to make a two tiered cake for the amount of people the cake would be for. For the top tier I wanted to make it a blank canvas so that I could write on it. I decided to make a circle cake then cover it with black fondant and make it pop by using orange icing to write on it. For the bottom tier I made a square cake and covered it with orange homemade buttercream (I ALWAYS use homemade buttercream, no bought icing here!). Next I cut strips of black fondant to create tiger stripes. It turned out looking really cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment